Please contact the JLH Director of Membership at email@example.com to apply!
It starts with a woman.
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Harrisburg! We are an organization with a rich history in our local community, and we are always looking for new members to join us. We are a welcoming and inclusive space committed to fostering diversity and the talent of women who want to make a difference in their community.
Members of JLH reside in all areas of the greater Harrisburg area. No sponsors are required, and we accept New Members on a year-round basis. Once you successfully the requirements of a New Member during the New Member year, you will become an Active Member of the organization.
Prospective members must meet the following criteria for membership eligibility:
- Must be at least twenty-one years old at the time of application (Note: JLH does not have an upper age limit.)
- Demonstrate an interest in volunteering commitment to community service
- Reside in the Harrisburg area at the time of application
- Interest in developing her potential as a trained volunteer and leader
NEW MEMBER EXPECTATIONS AT A GLANCE
- Attend JLH General Membership Meetings (GMMs), typically held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm
- Support JLH Fundraising activities and campaigns through ticket sales, securing sponsorship, and donating in-kind items
- Participate in JLH Community Outreach events, such as Done in a Day, community round-tables, and planning meetings
- Review the JLH Policies & Procedures and Bylaws
- Speak with a JLH New Member Co-Chair, Placement, or Director of Membership about Placement as an Active JLH Member
An updated JLH Membership Application is coming! We apologize for the delay. Please contact the Director of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
The completed form (Please see note above.), along with the $85.00 dues fee, must be delivered to the Junior League PO Box. It is the prospective member’s responsibility to ensure that the properly completed application form with the payment of the application fee is submitted to the League by the stated deadline. Application fees will not be refunded for failure to fulfill the application or membership requirements. Please note that all fees are subject to change per the League’s Bylaws. Upon execution of the provisional membership application and payment of the membership dues, which must be submitted to the League office, the prospect will be admitted to Provisional Membership in the Junior League of Harrisburg.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Director of Membership at email@example.com.