Junior League of Harrisburg and Harrisburg Young Professionals are excited to partner together to present a training for their members: Diversity, Equality, Equity, and Inclusion and Racial Justice, presented in collaboration by Una Martone of Leadership Harrisburg Area and Joseph Robinson of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Development Institute.
When: Thursday, July 29 at 6:00 PM
Where: Zoom; please sign up at EventBrite
Who: All JLH and HYP members
What: A Zoom training session focused on making a positive difference in our organizations; in the lives of our employees; in our families; and in the community by increasing understanding and practice of diversity, equality, equity & inclusion, and standing individually & together for racial justice.
- Welcome remarks & introductions
- Background and history
- Overview of Diversity, Equality, Equity, Inclusion, and Racial Justice
- WHY they are important at work, at home, and in the community
- Addressing barriers to achieving diversity, equality, equity & inclusion at your organization, in your departments, with your teams, at home, in the community
- Overcoming bias, ignorance, misunderstanding, passivism, prejudice, racism, racist policies, and white privilege
- Tools and strategies; handouts, reading recommendations, and resources
- Solutions & calls to action
- Next Steps
President & CEO, Leadership Harrisburg Area
Regional Vice Chair, Rotary Leadership Institute
Training Leader, Rotary International
Joseph Robinson, Jr.
Author, 7 Leadership Imperatives from a Wild Man
President, Martin Luther King, Jr.
Leadership Development Institute
Executive Director, South Central PA
Sickle Cell Council