It starts with a woman.
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Harrisburg! We are an organization with a rich history in our local community and we are always looking for new members to join us.
Members of JLH reside in all areas of the greater Harrisburg area, and no sponsors are required. Once you complete the requirements of a Provisional Member during the Provisional Course, you will become an Active member of the organization. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the 2021-2022 Director of Membership, Erika Compliment, at joinJLH@gmail.com for more information on the League.
Prospective members must meet the following criteria for membership eligibility:
· Must be at least 21 years old at the time of application
*JLH does not have an upper age limit
· Demonstrate an interest in volunteering and commitment to community service
· Reside in the Harrisburg area at the time of application
· Interest in developing her potential as a trained volunteer and leader
The completed form along with the $85.00 dues fee, must be delivered to the Junior League PO Box. It is the prospective member’s responsibility to ensure that the properly completed application form with the payment of the application fee is submitted to the League by the stated deadline. Application fees will not be refunded for failure to fulfill the application or membership requirements. Please note that all fees are subject to change per the League’s Bylaws.
Upon execution of the provisional membership application and payment of the membership dues, which must be submitted to the League office, the prospect will be admitted to Provisional Membership in the Junior League of Harrisburg.
The Provisional Course is a learning experience for new members to become familiar with JLH, The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI), the League’s role in the Harrisburg community, and being a volunteer. It requires a commitment on the part of the Provisional to fulfill her Provisional year responsibilities. The foundation of your League experience begins here.
PROVISIONAL EXPECTATIONS AT A GLANCE:
· Attend JLH General Membership Meetings (GMMs), typically held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm
· Attend one Super Saturday Provisional Training event (Held in February and September)
· Attend April Mandatory Meeting
· Attend all Provisional Meetings
· Support JLH Fundraising activities and campaigns through ticket sales, securing sponsorship, donating in-kind items, or direct service
· Participate in JLH Community Outreach events, such as Done in a Day, community round-tables, and planning meetings
· Review the JLH Policies & Procedures and Bylaws
· Speak with a JLH Provisional Co-Chair, Placement Officer, or Director of Membership about Placement as an Active JLH member
Provisional Members who complete their requirements will be recommended for Active Membership by the Provisional Co-Chairs to the JLH Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact Erika Compliment, Director of Membership, at joinJLH@jl-hbg.com.